Nathan Hayward - LicENSED pROFESSIONAL cOUNSELOR
My commitment to you as a counselor is to create a space that is open, non-judgmental, genuine, and safe for you to authentically explore who you presently are, who you wish to become, and to help you change your current challenges into more healthy and positive experiences. As such, ALL people, identities, and beings are welcome to work with me. Life can often be difficult, especially when there are significant changes or ongoing hardships, and I am here to help guide you through some of the storms we are offered in our experiences. I am often humbled by the meaningful growth that occurs during collaborative, skillful therapy and I am honored to do this work.
I use an integrative approach to counseling often with an emphasis on mindfulness, personalized strengths and values, relationships, and the inter-connection between our thoughts, emotions, and behaviors. More specifically, I often use Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Solution-Focused, and Existential approaches.
I am a Licensed Professional Counselor registered with the Oregon board, I am a National Certified Counselor with the National Board for Certified Counselors, and I have a master's degree in counseling from Pacific University in Oregon.
I am a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor registered with the Oregon board.
I comply with all ethical and legal standards for all of the services I provide.
I am always open to talking with potential clients about our fit in a therapeutic relationship. Feel free to give me a call at 503-974-4168 if you have any questions or to set up an initial appointment.
My areas of specialization with adults and teens include :
- Men's + Adolescent Men's issues - exploring what it means to be a confident self-aware man; navigating masculine roles in work & relationships; building emotional awareness; managing guilt, shame, anger
- Women's issues - being empowered with your needs and in significant relationships; being seen and heard in your feelings; setting boundaries
- Couples Therapy + Relationship concerns - including work with forming better communication and deeper connection in relationships
- Sadness / Depression - including a sense of being stuck or isolated, hopeless, or difficulties with finding meaning in life
- Anxiety, Panic, Worry - including a sense of unease or ongoing fear
- Building Mindfulness, Self-Confidence, and a deeper sense of Self-Awareness through understanding of your values + life purpose
- Stress management from significant life changes in areas such as work, interpersonal, and family concerns
- Grief, Loss, Trauma
- Internet addictions - including shopping and pornography
- Substance use concerns - primarily marijuana, alcohol, and tobacco
Moments in Change, LLC // Nathan Hayward - LPC, CADCI // firstname.lastname@example.org // 503-974-4168